There is no longer any class in the world today. You can also learn other languages and improve the chances that you find employment.
Babbel is similar in character to Mondly, however the two are different in their approach target language. It is often the case that newbies are confused about what languages are available.
However, we will solve all the problems by using one language and describing what’s the best app. Spanish is the major language and over 6 million Spanish native speakers speak Spanish.
In today’s interconnected world, the ability to communicate in multiple languages is not just a desirable skill but often a necessity.
At the forefront of this educational revolution are Mondly and Babbel, two platforms that have garnered acclaim for their innovative approaches to language acquisition.
Mondly dazzles with its gamified approach to language learning, while Babbel stands out for its focus on conversational proficiency. They both aim to make language learning less daunting and more immersive. But, as with all things, they each have unique strengths and points of differentiation.
Babbel vs Mondly: Overall Comparison
|Linear progression from beginner through advanced levels
|Non-linear, theme-based approach to levels
|Heavy focus on grammar, applied to real-life situations
|Integrates grammar into conversational practice
|Structured, progressive format; Focus on grammar rules and sentence structure
|Unique, theme-based approach; Emphasis on practical language skills
|13 languages, focusing on widely studied languages
|41 languages, including less commonly taught ones
|User Interface & Navigation
|Not explicitly detailed in the article
|Vibrant and intuitive; Features such as ‘Daily Lesson’
|Gamification and Engagement
|Less gamified; Short, concise lessons for busy schedules
|Highly gamified with points, leaderboards; Enhanced with AR and VR
|Range of subscription options, slightly higher priced on a monthly basis
|More affordable pricing options, flexible plans
|Value for Money
|Strong foundation in language; Suited for practical everyday language skills
|Innovative with AR and VR; Broad language selection
|Robust support with email, FAQ, Babbel Community, and social media
|Efficient support with email, FAQ, and social media
|Best Suited For
|Those preferring a structured approach for practical language skills
|Learners interested in innovative, immersive experiences and a variety of languages
|High praise for practical vocabulary and structured progression
|Positive feedback, but some desire more in-depth grammar explanations and additional exercises
|Number of Languages Offered
Mondly and Babbel offer several language courses from the beginner through advanced levels based on a range of subjects.
Babbel offers lessons in a number of learning courses. Similarly, you will be working on grammar and vocabulary. As you advance to the advanced level lessons, you may learn about common phrases and idioms.
The lesson structure however, is split into specialized levels to help learn specific languages. But Mondly takes the opposite route from Babbel in level progression.
They don’t follow any linear progressions of beginners or advanced level.
Babbel compares well with Mondly Grammarly. Both Babbel and Mondly concentrate on grammatical content in their classes.
However, you’ll notice different ways of approaching this instruction. Babbel focuses heavily on learning grammar, so the language can be applied to real-life situations and easily understood.
You’ll have several engaging exercises addressing various linguistic issues, including: sentence structure, verb conjugation and word sequence.
Grammar lessons are generally integrated into these themes and cover subjects such as daily life, work, and travel.
Babbel and Mondly Features
Mondly’s course structure adopts a unique, theme-based approach emphasizing practical language skills.
Each course is organized into modules centered around specific vocabulary and real-life situations, such as “Greetings,” “Shopping,” or “Public Transportation.”
Moreover, Mondly incorporates grammar lessons into the conversational practice of their courses to emphasize the practical, conversational context. This method ensures that grammar rules are integrated naturally into the learning process, resulting in more often engaging grammar lessons and valuable lessons for learners.
Many users have appreciated Mondly’s course structure and even gained recognition at the 2017 Facebook F8 Conference, where it was highlighted as an innovative new language-learning platform.
In contrast, Babbel’s course structure follows a more linear and progressive format. It is designed to help users build new foreign language skills step-by-step, ensuring that any new language content is presented only after learners have mastered previous material.
Babbel’s courses are free version also organized into real-life topics, similar to Mondly, but with a stronger focus on grammar rules and sentence structure.
Babbel’s method has been independently reviewed and praised by researchers, such as a study from the City University of New York (CUNY) and the University of South Carolina, which found that learners using Babbel could reach a very basic level of conversational level in just 21 hours of study.
Mondly’s theme-based modules and contextualized grammar and vocabulary lessons that cater to those who seek engaging lessons and practical language skills.
In contrast, Babbel’s linear progression and emphasis on grammar provide a strong foundation for both advanced learners levels intermediate understanding advanced learners, who aim to achieve a higher or intermediate level of fluency.
Languages Offered and Learning Materials
Mondly truly shines when it comes to the range of language options of languages offered.
It provides courses in 41 languages, a roster that includes widely spoken languages like Spanish, French, and Mandarin, as well as less commonly taught languages such as Finnish, Hungarian, and even Afrikaans.
Such cutting-edge augmented reality technology and virtual reality, technology and virtual and augmented reality, technologies provide immersive experiences replicating real-world situations more languages, allowing learners to practice their language skills faster in a realistic context.
Babbel, while offering fewer languages in comparison, focuses on quality over quantity.
It provides language courses, in 13 languages — its selection is primarily concentrated on the most widely studied languages, such as Spanish, French, Italian, and German, making it a popular choice among casual learners and professionals alike.
Regarding learning materials, Babbel uses a blend of instructional strategies to ensure comprehensive language learning.
User Interface & Navigation
Mondly’s user interface is vibrant and intuitive, featuring a colorful design that is appealing and aids in differentiating between various language elements, like nouns and verbs.
Navigating through the platform is simple, with clearly labeled sections and a logical layout that makes it easy for users of all tech proficiencies to find their way around.
One unique feature is Mondly’s ‘Daily Lesson,’ which is prominently displayed and encourages consistent learning.
It’s designed to make learning progress visible, with clear indicators of completed lessons and performance in daily lessons and reviews, offering learners a tangible sense of their progress.
Gamification and Engagement
Mondly’s use of gamification elements is particularly noteworthy. By incorporating features such as points, leaderboards, and levels, Mondly successfully creates a motivating and fun learning environment.
Their ‘Weekly Quiz’ and ‘Monthly Challenge’ features add a competitive edge to learning, encouraging users to engage more with the platform.
The AR, augmented reality, and VR experiences enhance engagement with native language by immersing learners in interactive scenarios, making the basic stage of the native language and learning process more practical and enjoyable.
Babbel, while less gamified compared to Mondly, uses its own pace strategies to keep learners engaged. Their short and concise interactive lessons will typically take 10-15 minutes to complete, making them perfect for busy learners.
A 2016 survey conducted by Babbel found that 73% of users felt capable of having a short conversation in a new language after using Babbel for just five hours.
Pricing of the Both Learning Sites
Mondly offers several pricing options, giving users the flexibility to choose a plan that suits their learning goals and budget:
|Single Language Weekly:
|$2.5 per week
|Single Language Monthly:
|$9.99 per month
|Single Language Annual:
|$47.99 per year
|Lifetime Access to 41 Languages:
|$99.99 (One-time payment, discounted from the original price of $1999.99)
It’s noteworthy that the Lifetime Access option offers the best value for money, especially for polyglots or those intending to study multiple languages.
Babbel also provides a range of subscription options for users:
|$66.90 ($11.15 per month)
|$89.40 ($7.45 per month)
|$299.99 (one-time payment)
Its annual and lifetime plans offer substantial savings, providing excellent value for those committed to long-term language learning.
Both Mondly and Babbel offer a variety of pricing options tailored to different learning needs and budget constraints. They each offer weekly, monthly, and yearly subscription options, as well as lifetime access for a one-time fee.
If we look at the subscription cost for a single foreign language show on a monthly basis, Mondly appears to be more affordable, with a price tag of $9.99 per month compared to Babbel’s monthly equivalent of $11.15 (6-month plan) or $7.45 (annual plan).
However, it’s important to note that Babbel’s price includes access to all lessons and features for the chosen language, while Mondly’s different features and multiple languages, may come at additional costs.
In terms of affordability, Mondly generally comes out on top. However, it’s essential to consider the quality and range of learning materials, the effectiveness of the platform’s teaching methodology, and the languages you’re interested in learning when choosing the platform that offers the best value for you.
Value for Money of Learning Experience
For the price you pay, Mondly provides a decent return on investment. The platform’s vast array of languages, combined with its innovative AR and VR learning features, offer a unique and interactive learning experience that goes beyond traditional other language apps and learning platforms.
If you’re looking to learn one of the less commonly taught languages, or if you’re attracted by the technological innovations of AR and VR in language learning, Mondly might be the perfect fit for you.
It allows you to practice listening, speech recognition and conversational skills, which are crucial components of many language exams.
But as the platform does not explicitly tailor its content to standardized tests, you might need to pair it with other resources focused on test preparation.
Babbel offers easy tracking of your progress, which can be motivating and make your learning experience more rewarding.
However, just like with Mondly, it might be best to use Babbel in conjunction with more test-focused resources for specific test preparation.
In conclusion, both platforms provide value for money in their own ways, with Mondly excelling in technological innovation and the range of languages.
At the same time, Babbel shines in its comprehensive, practical approach to language learning.
Whether one language alone is worth the price over the other depends on your specific target language, learning objectives, preferred methods, and the specific skills and languages you wish to learn.
Mondly prides itself on delivering efficient customer support to its users. They offer multiple avenues of support, including:
- Email Support: Users can directly email their queries or concerns to Mondly’s customer support team. The response time is typically within 24-48 hours.
- FAQs: The Mondly website hosts a comprehensive Frequently Asked Questions section that provides answers to common issues or questions.
- Social Media: Mondly’s team also addresses queries and concerns on their social media platforms like Facebook and Twitter, providing a more immediate way of receiving support.
Babbel, on the other hand, provides robust customer support with a strong emphasis on helping users make the most of their learning experience. Their support channels include:
- Email Support: Just like Mondly, Babbel offers an email support option for users. They usually respond within one business day.
- Comprehensive FAQ: Babbel’s FAQ section is detailed and addresses a wide range of questions, from technical issues to billing inquiries.
- Babbel Community: This is a unique feature where learners can connect, ask questions, and share experiences. It serves as a peer support platform, fostering a community of learners.
- Support via Social Media: Babbel’s customer support is also active on social media platforms.
To summarize, both platforms offer solid customer support systems, but Babbel has an edge with its unique community support feature. Before choosing a platform, consider how much support you may need and how you prefer to receive it.
Who is Each Platform Best Suited For?
Mondly would be an ideal choice for learners who are interested in less commonly taught languages or those who value an immersive, innovative learning experience over a more traditional, structured approach.
Babbel, on the other hand, would be perfect for learners who appreciate a more traditional, structured approach to language learning. It’s suited to those who wish to learn practical, everyday language skills and are willing to commit to regular, short lessons.
When it comes to user reviews and recommendations, both Mondly and Babbel generally have positive feedback, with a few areas of improvement noted by their users.
However, some users have noted that Mondly’s grammar explanations could be more in-depth, and that the platform could use more exercises to reinforce what’s been learned in the daily lessons.
Despite these critiques, most users are happy with the time and money spent on Mondly.
They often appreciate the platform’s ease of use and its range of languages. It’s worth noting, however, that satisfaction levels tend to be higher among those who enjoy more interactive, self-guided language learning apps for critical speaking practice.
Babbel also receives high praise from its users.
They appreciate the platform’s focus on practical vocabulary and real-life conversation skills, finding the structure and progression of the courses to be logical and effective. Many users also commend the quality of Babbel’s customer support.
Most users of both platforms feel they received good value for their time and money. The choice between Mondly and Babbel primarily comes down to personal preference and learning goals, as each platform has unique strengths and weaknesses.
In conclusion, I believe both language learning platforms serve their purpose depending on what you’re looking for.
Mondly offers an innovative, gamified language learning app and experience with a vast selection of languages, while Babbel provides a more traditional, comprehensive, and practical language learning app and approach.
Both platforms, in my experience, offer great value and have contributed positively to my language learning journey.
Mondly vs Babbel – Who Offers More Language Options?
Unlike Babbel, Mondly is able to speak a wider range of different languages. Also, if you want variety choose one language, Mondly.
Babbel provides access to fourteen languages, including Swedish, Dutch, Polish, Norwegian, Dutch, French, German, Italian Portuguese, and Dutch.
Mondly provides forty-one languages ranging from Spanish French German to Portuguese Swedish Turkish Dutch. You will have a chance to learn other less common languages such as Chinese, Arabic, and Persian.
- Wide Range of Languages: One of the standout features of Mondly is the vast selection of languages it offers, making it an excellent platform for learners interested in less commonly taught languages.
- Innovative Learning Tools: Mondly incorporates AR and VR technology into its learning approach, offering an immersive and interactive language learning experience.
- Gamified Learning Approach: The platform gamifies the learning process, with points, leaderboards, and rewards, which can make learning more enjoyable and motivate learners to progress.
- Affordable Pricing Options: Mondly offers flexible and affordable pricing options, including a popular lifetime access option which is competitively priced.
- Lack of Depth in Grammar: Some users have noted that Mondly's courses could be more comprehensive in teaching grammar. The platform focuses more on vocabulary and phrases, which might not be sufficient for learners seeking in-depth understanding of grammar rules.
- Insufficient Practice Exercises: There's a limited amount of exercises for learners to practice and reinforce what they've learned from the lessons.
- Limited Cultural Context: Some users have noted that Mondly could provide more cultural context to give a deeper understanding of the language in its cultural setting.
- Practical, Conversation-Based Learning: Babbel's main strength lies in its practical, conversation-based approach to language learning. This makes it ideal for learners who want to quickly gain the ability to communicate effectively in their target language.
- Structured Course Layout: Babbel's courses are well-structured and comprehensive, providing a clear learning path from beginner to advanced levels. The progression of the course feels logical, ensuring steady and measurable progress.
- Quality Customer Support: Babbel offers robust customer support, including a community of learners for peer-to-peer interaction and advice. This enhances the overall user experience.
- Focus on Commonly Learned Languages: While Babbel offers fewer languages compared to some other platforms, it focuses on providing high-quality content for the most commonly learned languages, which many learners appreciate.
- Limited Language Selection: Babbel offers fewer languages compared to other language learning platforms such as Mondly. This can be a limitation for those interested in less commonly taught languages.
- Higher Cost for Single Language Learning: The cost of Babbel is higher than some of its competitors, especially if you're only interested in learning one language.
- Lack of Innovative Learning Tools: Unlike Mondly, Babbel does not incorporate newer technologies like AR and VR in its courses. This could make it less appealing for learners who prefer a more technologically advanced learning experience.
- Limited Gamification: While Babbel does use some elements of gamification, it's not as pronounced as in other platforms. This could make the learning process less engaging for some users, especially those who thrive in a more gamified learning environment.
Verdict on Babbel and Mondly
Deciding between Mondly and Babbel comes down to your personal learning style, objectives, and budget.
If you prefer an interactive, technologically innovative learning experience and you’re looking to learn less common languages at an affordable price, Mondly would be an excellent fit for you.
However, Babbel would be worth the investment if you value a more structured and comprehensive approach to language learning, focusing on practical conversation skills in more commonly studied languages.
Remember, the ultimate goal is to find a platform that you will stick with, as consistency is key in language learning.
Consider taking advantage of the free trials or limited free access both platforms offer before committing to a yearly subscription
Can you become fluent with Mondly?
You may never have a chance of learning spanish fluently utilizing the Mondly app. It can also help you to begin learning languages.
These two vocabulary lessons and grammar exercises are useful for learning new things learn learning spanish. But this vocabulary one is not suited to advanced speakers learning spanish.
Is there anything better than Babbel?
Our list includes Duolingo, Rosetta Stone, Busuu, and Mondly language solutions and has been selected as the most popular alternative and competitor to Babbel for Business.
What language app is better than Babbel?
List some good learning apps? Top language-learning apps are: Babbel, Duolingo, Memrise, and FluentU.
What is the most accurate language app?
Let’s learn how to fluently learn two new languages or one new language or three languages:
- Best language learning apps: Babbel.
- Free languages: DUOLINGO.
- Best app for teaching pronunciation: Mondly. Top Language Apps in category Babbel.
- Best apps for coding correct pronunciation: Mondly.