Creating a resume can become a real headache even for the best candidates, making them nervous and mistrusting their powers. Resume Writing Lab promises to come to the rescue anytime and deal with any document you need. They are ready to prepare resumes of different formats (chronological, targeted, combined, and nontraditional) for diverse niches (military, federal, IT, etc.) and handle some extra tasks (like creating a LinkedIn profile or writing a cover letter).
It all sounds great, but is this service truly worth your trust, time, and money? Check this video and find out!
The purpose of this Resume Writing Lab review is to prepare a detailed resume writing service review for potential customers and to share an objective opinion on this web platform. We pay attention to other reviews and feedback and always test a particular service to check the facts.
We use the following criteria to evaluate writing services:
- Range of services;
- Customer service;
- Website usability;
It is important to analyze each aspect if you want to make sure that a service offering guidance and support is not a scam, and it can prepare a decent document you can later use during the job search.
Resume Writing Lab Overview
Resume Writing Lab is an online service that helps users get noticed by employers and proves to be the best candidates for desired job positions. The company praises the individual approach to every user and a caring attitude.
Their list of services they provide includes:
- Resume Writing by professional writers who arrange, edit, and format content customers provide. There are different types of resume writers: federal (check our federal resume writers reviews), military, nursing, engineering and many more;
- CV Writing – preparing a tailored description of skills and accomplishments for those who look for grants or positions in academia;
- Creating a LinkedIn profile for those who want to boost the chances of a job finding them;
- Resume & CV Editing for users that already have a proper document but want to make it more readable and persuasive;
- Cover Letter Writing for those who need to convince the employers that their skills and experiences fit announced job positions the best.
Resume Writing Lab promises that orders are handled only to professional writers proficient in both grammar and persuasive business writing. They don’t use general samples, offer personalized research and confidentiality, and guarantee that no hidden fees are applied. And most of the Resume Lab reviews from former clients confirm all that.
Users can apply for a free revision within 7 days after receiving the document. These guys have the best resume review services available. Three revisions are available.
Resume Writing Lab Story
ResumeWritingLab was founded in 2014, and a couple of years, it managed to become a bigger company, accomplishing resumes and CVs of different complexity. The company has been featured by Top Resumes Writers, TOP 20 Writing Services, and Lifehack.
The Lab provides different kinds of services, and the cost of your order varies depending on what exactly you need. The prices are reasonable. Moreover, users get a 10% discount on the first order. A recent price list looks like this:
|LinkedIn Profile Writing||$79|
|Resume Review||free evaluation and recommendations|
If you look for the best resume writing service, you should read CraftResumes reviews from customers and see that they are real professionals!
Resume Writing Lab Payment
You move to the Payment tab after choosing all necessary services from a list of suggested. Just put a tick in a checkbox, and the price will be calculated automatically. The system offers flexible payment options, including Visa, MasterCard, American Express, PayPal, debit cards, etc. All payments are safe, and your financial data is protected with SSL protocol (a lock in the address row).
If you are looking for a top resume builder, check the Resume.io reviews and find that this is one of the best resume creating platforms.
Resume Writing Lab Quality
The testimonials section features feedback from grateful users. But is it an excellent result they managed to achieve or just a policy of choosing only positive comments? This is what we tried to figure out by studying the service and other Resume Writing Lab reviews.
Let’s start with the formalities – the writing process and guarantees. The service promises ATS-friendly resumes, with all the keywords and proper formats, professional writers, and on-time delivery. Resume creation is a four-step process:
- You choose a type of document and submit an order.
- You fill in the questionnaire to let a writer know you better.
- A writer arranges the information in an attractive form.
- You get a finished document in 3-5 business days.
According to a fellow review, the service can keep up with the announced quality. A document they ordered was delivered in time. It looked rather perfect, not as a simple template.
Resume Writing Lab Customer Service
A decent FAQ section allows users to answer all questions concerning resumes, CVs, cover letters, LinkedIn profile filling, and job search. The questions are divided into five categories (accordingly). However, the long lists make it a bit difficult to find what you need fast, particularly due to the font style.
There is a contact form on the Contact Us page and a popup chat in the lower-left corner. Online support, however, isn’t available 24/7. If you decide to specify something late in the evening, you can use this form to send an email. The service doesn’t have a call centre, so users cannot reach them via phone.
Working in IT and looking for a job? Check our IT resume service reviews, and find yourself a top option for your Information Technology resume.
ResumeWritingLab Website Usability
Resume Writing Lab has a nice website – stylish, neat, and user-friendly. The navigation is obvious and convenient. There are no excessive elements in the menu or footer, only links to necessary pages and sections. Simple imagery, custom icons, and a minimalistic colour palette (white + grey + orange) make it pleasant to look at.
One of the best things we’ve noticed is a calculator on the order page. Users mark the services they want to order, and the price is displayed immediately on the right. The only drawback is long texts of grey colour – they are visually difficult to read and questions in Support.
- Selection of services with three rounds of free revision.
- Refunds for cancellation for a valid reason.
- Personal approach and flexibility, including exclusive templates and discounts.
- Minimum personal information, 100% confidentiality.
- Website design and usability.
- Desired salary calculator and blog as bonuses.
- No opportunity to place an urgent order.
- No refunds on finished orders of poor quality.
- Online support is not available 24/7, with no phone number.
- The poorly designed FAQ section.
- Fonts used on the website make the texts a bit difficult to read.
- The copy is SEO-targeted, and some fragments lack coherence.