|Rank||Top services||Description||My rating||Price||Time||Action|
|1|| Highly Trained Tutors
Customizable Study Sessions
A Lot of Study Material Available
|Price$397 /page||Time- hrs||Visit site Read review|
|2|| Affordable Prices
Score Improvement Guarantee
Handy Mobile App
Customizable Study Sessions
|Price$99 /page||Time- hrs||Visit site Read review|
|3|| Some of The Best Teachers and Tutors
Different Platforms For Learning
|Price$225 /page||Time- hrs||Visit site Read review|
|4|| Refund Guarantees
Customizable Study Sessions
|Price$150 /page||Time- hrs||Visit site Read review|
|5|| Personal Coaching
Updates For Parents
|Price$399 /page||Time- hrs||Visit site Read review|
Testive Review 2020
Table of contents
Table of contents
In many cases, tests like SAT and ACT are too difficult and students aren’t prepared to face them because they don’t learn the tools they need in school. That is when test prep courses come to help students who find themselves struggling with the challenge. Testive is one of the best platforms to prepare students for tests, because it probably has the best online SAT prep course. Anyways, here we will give you the best Testive free review so you can have a good idea of what this service can offer.
Why should you take into account our Testive review?
We know that you count on our reviews to learn about the best test prep courses and that if you are here is because you are expecting the best Testive com review on the internet. That is why we take our reviews so seriously, and, in order to offer you the best of the best, we developed a great method to assess the programs in the market. This method helps us identify the good services from those not so recommendable.
Here are some of the criteria we evaluate:
- Quality. Clients’ feedback and the result of students that have taken the course are a good indicator of quality.
- Usability. For us, the possibility of connecting through several devices is a big plus.
- Duration. A good program offers students different courses with diverse lengths. This way, students can choose a course with a duration convenient for them.
- Customer support service. A flawless customer support service is a sign of a company that really worries about its clients.
- Pricing. The cost of a program can indicate the seriousness of the platform giving it. If it is too high without offering extra features, then it might not be a good choice.
- Guarantees offered. It is an important indicator if a company is so sure of its courses that offers a full refund in case the results are not what they promise.
If a company offering prep courses turns out positive in these criteria, we can consider it as an overall good service. Still, we break down all of these criteria and assess each one by separate. This way, we can determine where are the strengths and weaknesses of the program. Our main goal is to give the information you need to choose the perfect program.
What kinds of prep courses exist?
The offer of prep courses is wide and rich in options. This variety is defined mainly by the types of entry tests that exist since the courses must be designed to fulfill the students’ needs. There are many kinds of entry tests that are currently in use in the United States.
The most known, used and prestigious is the SAT (Scholastic Assessment Test). This is a standardized test designed to evaluate the students’ potential for success in college. It is considered as a requirement for admission in almost all colleges in the US.
Another important entry test is the ACT (American College Testing), also a standardized test that colleges use on their admission process. Both tests are widely used in the US, but also in other countries like Canada.
Other entry tests that are amply used are the GMAT (Graduate Management Admission Test), used for admission into graduate business programs, the GRE (Graduate Record Exam), which is a requirement for general graduate programs, the PraxisTM (Professional Assessments for Beginning Teachers), for those who want to get into teacher education programs, and the MCAT (Medical College Admissions Test), required by the majority of medical schools in the US.
Less popular but also widely used is the DAT (Dental Admissions Test), conducted by the American Dental Association, the TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language), the LSAT (Law School Admissions Test) and the PCAT (Pharmacy College Admissions Test).
What you must consider when choosing an online or an eye-to-eye prep class?
To chose the right prep course is a delicate decision that should be made taking important aspects into account. Here we tell you about them, so you can start the search with a good idea of what to pay attention to, thus identifying the best ones.
Feedback and reviews: Checking previous clients feedbacks and reviews is one of the best ways to identify how good a prep program is. Look for courses with a great background and lots of satisfied customers.
Tutors’ professional profile: A big part of your learning process will be in the hands of the tutor, so make sure you enter a program with professional guides.
Customer support: Aspects like an immediate response, 24/7 availability and several means of communication are the ones that will tell you that the program will be at your disposal.
Guarantees: When a company is so sure of itself that it is willing to offer a full refund, then they probably have an outstanding program.
Are online prep courses better?
Usually, they are, mainly because they offer the chance to study from home. Not having to go to in-person classes helps to save a lot of time and effort. Let’s be honest, in this, the internet era, you don’t need to leave the comfort of your home to learn. You can even get virtual tutoring! Unless that for some reason you really need to see your tutor face to face, the best choice is to go for an online course, like the ones Testive website offers.
So, let’s get into the matter. Do you want to know how good is Testive? If it is effective? How to use Testive? In this review, we give you all those answers.
What is Testive?
Testive Inc is a company that offers prep courses for two of the most important entry tests in the US: the SAT and the ACT. In order to help students improve their scores, the founders developed a method to diagnose not only the students’ potential but also their learning profile. With this information, they are able to design a program that fits best the students learning process and, in consequence, it’s more effective in enhancing students’ opportunities to increase their scores.
This company’s most admirable attribute is the fact that the owners found a way to mix the possibility of studying from home with the Testive coaching, which is taught by professionals with a great experience on the SAT and the ACT.
How does Testive work?
Testive have two parts or divisions:
- The main part is the Testive free prep software, which is a series of practice questions adapted from the SAT’s new structure and the ACT. The point of these resources is to give students a chance to know the profile of the questions they will be asked in the tests. Also, it is an opportunity students get to practice with great material. These resources are completely free and available to anyone who needs it.
- The second part or section is the education program. In this division, Testive offers live online coaching to attend the specific difficulties a student can have. So, you don’t have to compare Testive vs Tutor because Testive already offer the best tutors! In this division, Testive runs a diagnostic test to evaluate the current potential of the student. Using the result as a foundation, they plan a study routine, define the study material the student needs and assign a tutor that will meet the student’s needs and expectations.
With this format, students have the chance to address the conflicts they have with some or all topics and ask questions that will be answered directly. Also, they will learn several methods to improve their studying techniques and, in consequence, have the opportunity to get a better score at their tests. Do you have to pay money when you pick a coach in the advisory program in testive? Yes, this division of Testive is paid. Still, the rate of success of this company indicates that it is a great investment.
Does Testive guarantee a better score?
Yes, it does. They have a commitment program in which the student makes the promise to comply with all tasks, attend to all coaching meetings and perform all the practice tests he or she is assigned to. In exchange, Testive promises that the student will improve his or her score.
How much can testive improve your SAT scores is something that is estimated by the diagnostics Testive does at the beginning of the program. But, calculating based on the experience of previous clients, Testive can help a student improve his score up to 3X.
The improvement is measured by comparing two scores: the one students get at the diagnostic test Testive imparts at the beginning of the course with the score students get in the SAT or ACT he or she takes immediately after ending the course. If there is an improvement, then Testive has kept its word. If the student does not improve his or her score, then Testive takes responsibility and offers a refund.
Are Testive test prep courses as effective as they say?
Any review of Testive ACT prep will show that it is a most recommendable program to improve your score. You will get the same positive result if you look for any Testive SAT review online. Previous clients and students agree that Testive delivers everything it promises and that it does not offer something it can not give.
The guarantee they make to improve your score is also a good backup since they are so sure of the effectiveness of the method they use that are willing to give you back your money in case they fail. This is good news for clients because it means that they are going to do everything in their hands not to fail.
Is Testive safe or is there a risk of scam?
Will Testive scam me? This is a valid question not only regarding Testive but with all programs that ask you to invest money. There are many programs that have shady behavior and turn out to be scams. The good news is that Testive is NOT one of those scammers companies. It is a completely legitimate business with a trustworthy structure. Hundreds of students have taken Testive’s programs and can validate its efficiency and many Testive reviews, done by good sites like ours, can confirm its reliability.
Does Testive have the best online prep courses out there?
Testive is characterized by having an on-demand program, in which students must commit to comply with some tasks in order to achieve the goal score. This is a method different from what most prep courses offer and that works perfectly with a certain profile of students.
So, it is cutting to say that it is the best online prep course in the market, but it’s accurate to say it is the best method for the kind of students that are willing to meet their part of the deal. This means to study without having constant supervision, do the tasks and practice as much as they can and attend to every online coaching schedule.
In short words, it is the perfect prep course for those who understand that, even if they hire a tutor to help them, they still need to make an effort in order to achieve their goal score.
Story of Testive.com
Testive started in 2011 to offer prep courses for the SAT and the ACT. It was founded by two MIT graduates that saw the need students had for guidance when the time of preparation for the big entry tests came. They developed a great system that combines the best of two worlds: online coaching that students can receive without having to get out of their homes with personalized attention from real life tutors.
The main goal of Testive’s founders was to create a flexible scheme to which students can easily adapt and feel comfortable with and, at the same time, that is effective in adapting to the students learning style.
Testive offers prep programs for two tests: SAT and ACT. There is no need to compare Testive SAT vs ACT because both programs have their own profile designed to fit each test.
The Testive ACT program is a great program that prepares students for this important test and allows them to create their own schedule. The accuracy of the information they provide on this course is the reason why every review of testive ACT prep is positive.
The program focused on the SAT test is designed using the most recent version and structure of the original SAT. The practice tests for this course are very accurate and effective in orienting the student and giving him a good idea of what they are going to face.
Pricing of the Courses
By this point, you are probably wondering how much is Testive coaching going to cost. Testive has three different plans for students. Whether if you choose a program for the Testive ACT test or the SAT test, the plans won’t vary the cost. Each plan has its own pricing, rhythm and method, and it is designed to accommodate the student’s particular needs.
- Bootcamp. This plan is an intense program for Testive ACT prep and SAT prep for students that need to improve their scores in just a few weeks, or that want to tune up their study rhythm the weeks before the test. It costs 799 USD, it has a duration between 4 and 6 weeks and includes two weekly video chat coaching sessions.
- Coaching. This second plan has a more paced rhythm and is oriented for students that have some months to prepare for their tests. It costs $399 per month, it has a duration of 2 to 3 months, but it might offer the possibility of continuing for more time. It includes multiple practice tests and a 30-minutes weekly video coaching with a tutor specifically assigned to the student.
- Couching Plus. This plan costs $599 per month and it has a profile similar to the Coaching plan. The main difference is that instead of one weekly online meeting, it offers two weekly online meetings with a particular tutor. This plan is ideal for students that need more motivation or that aren’t accustomed to study by themselves.
Testive pricing is not the lowest of the market, but it compensates its cost with great results. Occasionally you can receive a Testive discount code that will help you pay the program. These discounts vary, so you should be attentive when the offer comes.
Quality of Testive Courses
The prep courses for SAT and ACT that Testive offers are among the best you can find. Their quality is unquestionable and the system they have developed is close to flawless. Previous clients opinions are a good reference to prove this, also the huge amount of good reviews you can find online.
Also, the tutors and couches they have available to students have great experience with the structure of both the SAT and the ACT. This is a big plus because their expertise will be for the student’s benefit.
There is no way to dispute that Testive has outstanding quality and offers well-designed courses that are imparted by professionals.
Testive.com Customer Service
Testive has many good aspects that clients appreciate, but their customer support service could improve a little. They don’t offer 24/7 availability and the way to contact them is through email or by calling to their offices during working hours. This is not too rare for a company with this profile, still, clients will have to be patient if a conflict related to the course comes out.
Testive com Website Usability
Testive does not have an app that you can use from your smartphone or install on your computer, and their software is only available through their website. This is a little limiting but not a big issue since their programs are planned to be done in a controlled environment, like your home or study room. Still, their site is so easy to use that there are no complaints about the fact that they don’t offer other platforms. If you look for a service that has a handy mobile app, check Magoosh.
Pros / Cons
- Its courses are very flexible and can adapt to the students’ schedule
- They guarantee that the student will increase his score and offer a refund in case they don’t meet the expectations
- Weekly meetings with Testive tutors assure a personal and particular treatment
- Since its method requires a commitment from students, it helps develop good studying habits
- They send weekly reports to keep the parents up-to-date with their kid’s advances
- Their software collects data to evaluate the progress of students
- They don’t offer in-person classes
- Their pricing is a little high, but still within the average range of prices for this kind of course
- It only has programs for SAT and ACT, so it is a little limited
- The program doesn’t have an app for smartphones. It only offers its software for computers
- Coaching sessions only last 30 minutes
- The study material they offer is limited (no flashcards or videos)
After doing thorough research and drawing our review, we concluded that Testive is one of the best choices you have when looking for prep courses for SAT and ACT. They have innovative techniques with a method that has proven to be very effective. Also, they offer different plans to fit the students' needs and have a system that creates a program for each student's learning profile. It is a rather young company, but in the few years they have on the market, they have proven to have an effective method and a great potential for future and constant success. We definitely recommend using this company to get prepared for SAT and ACT.